Last Updated 4/27/22
What personal information do we collect?
- We collect personal identifiers (supplied by you) when you register your product for our warranty service or engage our technical support team.
- We collect contact information when you use the "Live Chat" function on our Website.
- We collect commercial information relating to purchases, including model number, serial number, proof of purchase, date of purchase and retailer.
- We collect electronic identifiers such as IP address, log files, viewing information, cookies, website browsing and interaction activity, and other device or browser identifiers.
How do we use personal information?
- We use the personal information we collect from you in furtherance of providing you customer service and fulfilling orders; maintaining account information; processing warranty claims; verifying customer information; processing payments; providing advertising and marketing services; website analytics; auditing related to customer interactions and transactions; security detection and enhancement; and enhancing our products and services.
How do we share personal information?
Your choices with respect to your personal information.
How to contact us:
For more information about this Policy, our privacy practices or to obtain access to or correction of your personal information, please contact us at: email@example.com
We may change this policy from time to time, so please check back often. If we significantly change our collection, use, or disclosure practices, we will notify you by publishing a revised policy on our Website and will attempt to send you notice via email if you have provided us with an email address. Please keep in mind that some of the Services mentioned specifically in this policy may not be available at this time.
At any time, subject to legal and contractual restrictions, you may withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information.
What personal information does Provider collect from you?
We collect information in several ways. Some of the information we collect is personal to you. Other information is dissociated from any personal identifiers. We collect the following categories of information:
- A number of our support Services for Smart TV's enable users to create accounts or profiles. During registration, we will ask for certain information required to set up that profile.
- When you contact us for warranty service or customer or technical support, we will collect contact information along with a description of your problem and any technical information necessary to help resolve the issue.
- When you contact us via the company email address, or participate in surveys, we will collect your contact information and any other information you include in your communication.
- When you participate in “Live Chat” on our Website, we collect your contact information and any other information you include in your discussions with us.
- When you directly order a product or service from us, we ask for information relevant to the transaction, including information about the product or service ordered, your mailing address, phone number, email address, and payment information.
- When you register your product on our Website, we collect your contact information, address, as well as the model number, serial number, proof of purchase, date of purchase and retail store location for the Product(s) you purchased.
- To customize our service for you, we and our partners may collect precise location data, including inferred geographic location of your computer or device. This location data is collected in a form that does not personally identify you and is used for the purposes of providing the Website in either English or French.
- When you use the Services, visit and navigate our Website, use our applications or third-party sites, or open our emails, we may collect technical information including IP address, device identifier, log information such as time and duration of your use of the Services, and viewing information.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect the information listed above directly from you when you submit it. If you do not want to share this information, you can choose not to participate in a particular Service or activity.
Indirect Collection – Cookies and Other Technology
- Enable you to more easily use our web-based Services by remembering and using contact information, purchasing information, and registration information
- Provide you with personalized content based on your use of our Website
- Evaluate, monitor, and analyze the use of our web-based Services and its traffic patterns to help improve our web-based Services
- Assist us with ad reporting functions, such as to learn which ads are bringing users to our Website
The types of technologies we may use include:
You may disable browser cookies in your browser or set your browser to warn you when a cookie is being sent. You may lose some features or functionality when you disable cookies. See “How can I control my personal information?” below for further information on disabling specific cookies.
Remember, also, that disabling cookies is browser specific. If you log on using Google Chrome, you must also disable cookies in Safari if you use that browser at a different time.
Web Beacons. We also may employ a software technology called a clear GIF (Graphics Interchange Format), also known as a pixel tag or web beacon. A clear GIF is a line of code that we place on our Website or in emails allowing us to analyze our advertising and general usage patterns of visitors to our Website. These help us better manage content by informing us what content or promotions are effective. You may not disable web beacons.
Log Files. Like most standard website servers, we use log files. Log files track Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. We utilize this information to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track website navigation in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
Dissociated Information. We also collect certain information that, without combination with other information, does not allow direct association with any specific individual (collectively, “Dissociated Information”). We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose Dissociated Information consistent with the terms expressed in our policies. Examples of Dissociated Information we collect, use and share include the IP address you use to connect your internet-connected product(s), your ZIP code, the online services you visit, as well as information about your Provider product(s) such as MAC addresses, product model numbers, hardware and software versions, chipset IDs, and region and language settings. We also collect information about the products you request or purchase, and the number of users and frequency of use of Smart TV's and other such products and support Services.
Indirect Collection – Social Networking
How do we use your information?
Our main goal in collecting information is to improve our Services and provide you with the best possible experience.
We may use your information to:
- Register your Smart TV
- Provide a service or feature you request
- Personalize online content so that it applies to you and your interests
- Improve our Services
- Compile, analyze, and do research on our users’ demographics and behavior
- Detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
- Provide maintenance services
- Provide customer support for Smart TV's and other products
We use Dissociated Information for many reasons, including to determine how people use Provider products and services and how they interact with our Services. This may include information about how users click on advertisements, download drivers and other files, or explore our products and Services online. We use this information to improve our products and Services.
With whom does Provider share my information?
When you are using the Services and are asked for personal information, you are sharing that information jointly with Provider and its other affiliate entities held by Element Electronics Holdings, LLC, who collectively produce Smart TV's and provides customer support Services, and with Wal-mart Canada Corp., who sells the Smart TV's under its onn. brand. You are also sharing information with our service providers. If you do not want your data to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer by not using that particular Service.
These are some of the ways that your information may be transferred and/or disclosed:
We occasionally hire other companies to perform services on our behalf, including packaging, delivering, or mailing, website or product development and operation, answering customer questions about products or services, sending postal mail or email, analyzing use of the Services, processing payments, providing investor information and processing data. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and we ensure there are contractual protections in place requiring them to safeguard your information and prohibiting them from using that information for reasons other than what is necessary under the contract. For example, we use a third-party service, Zendesk, to process customer support tickets and SendGrid to transfer information to Zendesk. We use RouteThis to enable our agents to provide WIFI related help to Smart TV customers.
Data in the Aggregate
We may disclose “blinded” aggregated data and user statistics to prospective partners and other third parties. Blinded data is data that does not identify an individual person.
Under certain circumstances, we will be obliged or permitted to disclose your information without your consent:
- Law Enforcement: We may disclose personal information to third parties without your consent for any of the following reasons: (i) to comply with any law, regulation or order of a court, administrative agency or government tribunal; (ii) to cooperate with Government investigations; (iii) to help prevent fraud or to enforce or protect the rights of Provider or its subsidiaries and to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain; or (iv) where it is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of an identifiable person or group.
- Other Third Parties: We may disclose personal information to other third parties without your consent where required or permitted by law, including where: (i) the information is public as permitted by law; (ii) it is necessary to proceed with or complete a “business transaction”, such as purchase and sale of an organization or assets, a merger or amalgamation, making of a loan, charge, lease or licensing, or other prescribed business activity; (iii) it is reasonable for the purposes of investigating a breach of an agreement, or actual or suspected illegal activity; or (vi) it is necessary to identify an individual who is injured, ill or deceased, or (vii) due to an emergency that threatens the life, health or security of an individual.
Where obliged or permitted to disclose information without consent, Provider will not disclose more information than is required.
How can I control my personal information?
You can make choices about whether to receive promotional communications from us, including emails and other updates, by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the communication. You can adjust your browser settings to refuse all or some cookies, as discussed above; please note that some Services may, in that case, be inaccessible or not function properly. You may also choose not to use various Services provided on the Smart TV's or on our Website. If you believe that any inaccurate information has been obtained or provided to others through your use of the Services, you should contact a representative of Provider at Provider’s customer service department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may opt-out of Google Analytics collection by downloading the browser plugin “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on” here.
How does Provider protect financial-related information?
Keeping your personal financial information private is very important to us. Any user statistics that we may provide to prospective partners regarding financial matters are provided in the aggregate only and do not include any personal information about any individual user. While we don't typically sell directly to individuals, we will transfer your credit card number, bank account number or other personal information to the appropriate credit card company, bank or other relevant service provider if we enter into a payment transaction with you.
What security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of my information?
We make commercially reasonable efforts to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control, using safeguards proportional to the sensitivity of the information. Our security policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary. We employ administrative, contractual and technological safeguards to protect your information. For example, only authorized employees and service providers have access to personal information. Where information is sent to a third party for processing, we make sure, through our contracts with them, that such service providers may only use the information for the limited purposes for which it was disclosed and are required to keep the information secure.
What is Provider’s practice with respect to the personal information of children?
We do not knowingly collect or process any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13) without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
What else should I know about my privacy?
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose information online, that information may be accessible to other customers and users. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
How We Retain and Store Your Personal Information
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which we collected it and to comply with applicable laws. We use reasonable security precautions to protect your information while in storage including Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard protocols described above for payment transactions.
Cross-Border Transfer or Storage of Information
Your personal information may be transferred outside of Canada, and, if applicable, your Personal Information may be processed and stored in a foreign jurisdiction, including the United States, where privacy laws may differ from Canadian laws. Our call centers are located within the states of Arkansas and Georgia in the United States of America. Your personal information may be subject to access by and disclosure to foreign law enforcement agencies (i.e., in the United States, and elsewhere, as applicable).
You may request information from Provider on the jurisdictions in which Provider and/or its service providers will process Personal Information.
Accessing Personal Information and Correcting Inaccurate Information
You have the right to access personal information about you that is under our control and to request correction of inaccurate or incorrect information. Upon your written request and subject to applicable law and certain exceptions to your right of access, including if the information requested contains personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons, we will provide access to the personal information requested and correct or amend personal information that is shown to be factually inaccurate or incomplete. To guard against fraudulent requests for access, we may require sufficient information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is authorized to do so before granting access or making corrections.
To make an access request or to request correction, please submit a verifiable access request to us by either:
- Calling us at 1-844-334-2355, or
- Emailing us at email@example.com and asking for an Access Request Form
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. To designate an authorized agent, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with a form to make a designated agent request. Please do not send us any sensitive personal information using email. Email transmissions are not secure.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Opting Out/Withdrawing Consent Accessing Personal Information and Correcting Inaccurate Information
You have the right to opt out of processing of your personal information for secondary marketing purposes without affecting your use of our Services.
You may also withdraw your consent to our further processing of your personal information, subject to legal and contractual restrictions. Your withdrawal of consent will not operate retroactively and may affect our ability to continue to offer services to you. We will inform you of the consequences of your choice to withdraw consent when you notify us of this request.
If you need further assistance, please send an email with your questions or comments to Provider’s customer service department at email@example.com, call us 1-844-334-2355 or write us at:
Privacy Request – onn. TV Support
Element Electronics Canada, Inc.
c/o Element Electronics Holdings, LLC
Attn: Privacy Officer
6423 City West Parkway
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
United States of America
We will work with you to resolve any concerns you have about this Policy or our privacy practices. If we are unable to resolve your privacy concerns, you have the right to complain to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada.
You may also direct your inquiry/complaint to the relevant Information and Privacy Commissioner in your jurisdiction of residence.